Pages

Monday, September 6, 2010

84 Days: Wake Me Up When September Ends

Well, it's that time of day again. Blog Post Time. The time when I get to sit down at a blank computer-simulated sheet of paper, and stare and stare until I finally just give up and bang my fists on the keyboard for five or ten minutes.

Obviously, I'm experiencing a bit of Writer's Block. I'm beginning to understand how very many posts there are between 100 and 1. It's a lot.

But I suppose I'd better let you in on where I am, so to speak. Last week was a little messy, if you recall. Evil, money-grubbing textbook manufacturers; vicious bodily infections; school . . . (*shudders*) And yet, here I am, still alive and able to link words together to form sentences. I amaze myself.

Speaking of which, if I were a superhero, what would my name be? (I'm serious, guys. Any comment I get without a suggestion doesn't get posted. Mwa ha ha!) (Now you see who really has the power, don't you?)

I didn't have to go to school or to work today, which means I spent the entire day in my salmon-colored choir tour shirt and lip-print pajama pants. I watched six or seven episodes of the old TV show News Radio and practiced singing "White and Nerdy" to make sure I still have all the words memorized. Oh, and I did some homework or whatever.

Because I had to rearrange so many of my classes last week, I still haven't attended all of them. I'll be able to brief you on them by Wednesday or Thursday.

And . . . that's pretty much it. Happy Labor Day, everybody!



P.S. Do not be alarmed by the strange design layout. I just clicked a random button, I'll fix it tomorrow.

3 comments:

Robin said...

It will get better. I promise.

I'm sorry everything feels so heavy right now. I love you and wish I could carry it all for you.

You would be Queen Arachnia. And you'd have a love/hate relationship with Spiderman. And those all-powerful pheromones.

Karen Mello Burton said...

Logo lady!

It is tough to be part of the machine. Part of the grind. Hang in there.

Anonymous said...

First and foremost, isn't Grosland cool enough for a superhero name? I kinda always thought it was... or you could be Jessidi. (Pronounced all cool.) Hmm.

And your layout is... woah. Grand. ;) I was thinking: "she really must be feeling better..."

Best of luck, chum!