Pages

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

76 Days: What Am I?

I'm a little black rain cloud, of course.

The other day, my mother made mention that I looked like I had a black cloud over my head. I really like that saying, because it's very accurate: the rest of the world goes on cheerily, but for some reason your corner of the world is still dark and gloomy. So I had that image in my mind these last few days, and today when I realized I have a huge biology project due tomorrow that I haven't started yet, I was overwhelmed with emotion and burst into song.

(I know, it's odd. But it's my way.)

And you know what song I burst into? A Winnie the Pooh song!




Now, I assume that some of you had the misfortune of not growing up on the many adventures of Winnie the Pooh. (You poor, sad little people.) My mother happens to adore Winnie the Pooh and all of his friends in the Hundred Acre Wood, so I received more than a fair helping of the show growing up. But you know what? I just never got enough!

So because I'm too busy to talk to you, I'm going to just put on here some good ol' Winnie the Pooh and let him entertain you for the rest of the day.

TTFN: Ta-ta for now!





Piglet: HELP!
Tigger: Oh, relax, Piglet, old pal. There's no difference between plunging 10,000 feet to the jagged rocks below and tumbling out of bed.

Piglet: Oh? Really?
Tigger: Why sure! Except for the splat at the end they're practically similar.



Rabbit: (singing)
Never trust that thing between your ears.
Brains will get you nowhere fast, my dears.
Haven't had a need for mine in years.
















Eeyore: End of the road... nothing to do... and no hope of things getting better. Sounds like Saturday night at my house.


Christopher Robin: What I like most of all is just doing nothing.
Winnie the Pooh: How do you do just nothing?
Christopher Robin: Well, when grown-ups ask, "What are you going to do?" and you say, "Nothing," and then you go and do it.
Winnie the Pooh: I like that. Let's do it all the time.
Christopher Robin: You know something, Pooh? I'm not going to do just nothing anymore.
Winnie the Pooh: You mean, never again?
Christopher Robin: Well, not so much.

3 comments:

Karen Mello Burton said...

Never trust the thing between your ears, but trust the thing between your lungs (your heart). Ew.

Anyhoo... I gave you an award on my blog. Check it out!

Robin said...

Oh, stuff and fluff. They cut it short.

That's one of my favorite Pooh songs. This was a happy post for me.

And to you I say, "Be brave, little piglet."

DarthBillgr said...

"When I up, down, touch the ground, it puts me in the mood. In the mood for food." I love that man.