Do you ever wonder if you'd notice if you went crazy?
Don't freak out. I'm not insane (I'm pretty sure). But with the pervasiveness of the word "crazy" in our culture, people saying things like "he drives me crazy!" and "if I have to take one more test, I'm gonna go crazy" makes me wonder where exactly the line is between sanity and insanity. Is there a definite line at all, or is it just something that we get to vote on? This guy's crazy, that guy's not crazy, how on earth are we supposed to know?
And I always wonder if crazy people know that they're crazy. I think maybe there's a point during the downward spiral when they must understand that something is happening to them. I wonder if they're afraid.
It's fascinating, isn't it? I have this great story idea in my head where a girl is driving home from school and hits a pedestrian who appears out of nowhere. She stops the car and jumps out, terrified and appalled, and tries to help the man but he's already dead. In shock, she runs to a friends house and begs him to come with her. He sees how scared she is and they run back to the spot of the accident . . . only no one is there. No corpse, no blood, no dent in the car. She can't understand it. And that's how it starts, her slip into madness. Can she fight it, or is she too far gone? Can her friend help her come back to reality before it's too late?
(*shivers*) Ooh, I love a good insanity story. Nothing is what it seems, everything is questionable. You never know what's going to happen next or even what's really happening now. Head trip! I love it!
Anyway, I'll stop rambling before I freak out anyone else. I'm not particularly fond of psychiatrists, and I'd rather not be reported for strange fantasies. But then again, I'm not too worried that any of you are going to do something. After all, you're not real. This is only a dream . . .
For your sake, you better hope I never wake up.
2 comments:
That's it. No more Row, Row, Row Your Boat for you.
At least not before tomorrow night. Then I guess you can wake up. I wonder where dreams go when we are finished with them...
Post a Comment