
I know! I was surprised, too. Apparently, my blog is love-r-ly. (*chorus sings* "Love-r-ly...")
To tell the truth, even though I love writing my blog and - even more - having people read it, I've never quite understood why people like it. As far as I can tell, I spend most of my time blathering incessantly about my life and the rest of the time complaining about it. I'm not a particularly exciting person, either. I have no adventures to share with the public (unless you count my custodial escapades...) and I have no monumental insights to impart.
My blog is not a forum for my many essays. It is not a place where I wax philosophical or put forward political opinions. All I do is write something. I have no themes, no boundaries, no outline. I just sit down at the keyboard, and I write something.
What I do try to do, however, is make sure that whatever I write is honest. I think writing comes through so much clearer when the author isn't pretending just to try to impress. My so-called talent at writing comes entirely from the fact that I communicate best through the written word. If I stop saying what I mean, I have no words left.
So thanks, Kazzy. And thanks to all you readers, from the ones who comment every day to the ones who just came upon this page by accident. And I will be passing the award along in due course, but tonight I woke up with my face tucked into my textbook, and I think it's about time I got to bed.
P.S. Kazzy said in her post that she likes my blog because I give her a youthful perspective on life. But I don't know what she's talking about. I'm nearly twenty years old!
2 comments:
Yes, you are ancient. I can't believe she didn't realize that.
I love you, but quit comparing yourself to others. Quit worrying about why people like your writing and like you and just accept it. Love it. Rejoice in it.
Sometimes random is good. And even when you think your life is boring, your writing never is.
And honesty is vital. It's one of the things I love most about you. You are so genuine. It's more rare than you think.
Well-deserved!
Post a Comment