Does it feel like this has been going on forever? Or has our time together just flown by? (Since you guys have the option of reading if and when you choose to, instead of every day, I'm betting it's been a less intensive project for you than for me. This, I'm thankful for. Otherwise I might have no readers at all.)
Just twenty-five days left. Then I'm taking a vacation. To the moon. With Gru.

Anyway, school's not too bad right now. I'm in the middle of midterms again (yuck) but that means I don't have to worry about assignments as much. Or it means that I just forget them and lose points. In any case, I'm too sick to care. Head colds are the worst. You don't feel sick enough to stay home, but you're definitely sick enough to be miserable and pariah-ish.
Having to walk out of a class where you sit by a very attractive young man because you've got snot running all down your face = not cool.
I wish I had something to say about what's going on outside of school, but there really isn't much "outside of school" for me. I work on campus, I go to classes, then I get home and either do homework or sleep.
I did have an interesting dream, though. I was with some of my friends (you were there, Beth!) fighting evil killer robots or something. One of them shot me or I got slammed or something and I fell to the ground, hitting my head and getting knocked out. When I awoke, it was to find out that I had braces again.
I screamed, asking my mother - who was sitting by my hospital bed - what the heck had happened. She told me that I needed to have braces again, but the orthos were scared of putting them on me while I was in control of my fists, so they put them on while I was in my little coma.
I looked into the mirror, unable to tear my eyes away from the grotesqueness of my old tormentors returned. The metal brackets seemed to laugh, mocking my agony. I wept, sobbing and wailing so much my mother had to leave the room. Braces again. It was the worst thing that could have ever happened to me.
I woke up shuddering. I ran my tongue over my teeth, and relief flooded through me as I felt the slimy smoothness. What a terrible nightmare! I'm still not quite over it.
I would much rather face blood, guts, and all the spiders in the world than have to wear braces for one more day.
5 comments:
Having a blogging goal is both the best of times and the worst of times. I was often tormented, but usually thrilled when I did my 365 project. You have done well, and I have enjoyed reading.
Wait, Grosland- did you get your braces off?! Or am I misinterpreting this?
I promise to never put braces on you again. We can't afford it. If you need them again, you'll have to choose to get them and pay for them yourself.
You are an adult now and get to make these choices for yourself.
Love you. Sorry about the nightmare. I'm surprised I didn't hear you scream.
Woah. 0_O That's awesome. And I feel ya, Gros. Head colds are not cool. :( I think I got 2 hours of sleep last night and spent the rest tossing and turning trying to empty both sides of my sinuses at the same time. Sometime during the night I came under the distinct impression that I was supposed to aid the President of the United States (who was Tairsa) and I was so frustrated because I needed sleep so badly. Does that ever happen to you? You get delirious and become so concentrated on something that you cannot fall asleep? I dunno if I'm just crazy.
You didn't know that, Sarah? I've had my braces off for over a year now. Where have you been?
Oh yes. You've been over at that Gentile school... ;)
Post a Comment