Pages

Sunday, May 24, 2009

Yearbooks



So, I found out that no matter how bad people usually are at signing yearbooks with something more motivational than "HAGS!" or "Your such a QT! Lets hang out this summer!" it all changes with Senior Year. It's like we suddenly realized that this time it's really goodbye for most of us. We realized this was our last chance to tell some of these people what kind of impact they had on our lives. And even though most of us still aren't gifted with eloquence, a little sincerity goes a long way. I am thoroughly delighted with what was written in my yearbook this year.




And it turns out that a lot of people are really excited that I'm going to stay in Utah. It really is making the whole fiasco with BYU worthwhile for me. If I had been planning on going to BYU all along, no one would have said a thing. But since most people thought I was leaving them forever, now that I'm going to stay it seems like a lot of people were going to miss me, and they're all stoked that I'll still be around to drive them batty. The crazies...




Well, it's nice to be appreciated. (*smiles*)




To my fellow upcoming graduates: Let's do this thing!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL! Yeps. :D See, Gros, when people say: "HA HA! I'm fulfilling my life's dream and leaving this place! Good-bye, I'll miss you, but I know life will be a new and better thing for me when I'm gone!" it's kind of hard to say: "BUT I'LL MISS YOU DON'T LEAVE ME *other blubberness*" I, at least, was determined to be entirely neutral because you often seemed put out whenever me and Erin would talk about what we would do here (such as Halloween, living together, etc etc.)

I hope you don't think everyone felt entirely neutral on the subject of you leaving, because in honesty, it terrified me and I'm willing to bet a couple of other people.

And now that you're staying...

Anyways, I'd keep typing but that's silly. Cya Wednesday, if not earlier. :)

Grandma said...

Congrats Jessie! This picture is very nice!