Actually, it IS pretty great. Having a job at ALL is pretty great, and this one happens to have many up-sides: 1) It's a full-time job (seasonal, but 40 hrs a week) which means I should be able to make enough to cover my Russia trip; 2) A bunch of my friends from high school work there; and 3) I get to be outside a lot of the time! Hurray for summer!
Also, I am very glad that it is not raining today. (*broad grin*)
I have to wait for my paperwork to muddle its way through the bureaucracy of the state, so I won't actually be starting my job until somewhere around June 13th. That's not so great as far as money is concerned, but it does mean that I've got a wide open schedule and lots of time to go on crazy adventures. (Like finishing more paperwork for the ILP.)
However, I am also dealing with a sudden surge of people-trying-to-set-me-up. I blame my just-graduated sister for that. Before she hooked up with Braden, nobody seemed to care that I didn't have a boyfriend. Now that my little sister has one, my lack of a love life has become REALLY obvious. My roommate's sister is trying to set me up with some guy she works with (all I know about him is that he's got his hair in cornrows, preparing to donate it to Locks of Love) and my little brother is trying to set me up with his EFY counselor.
So, yeah. My prospects seem pretty much the same as ever.
Life is good for me, as I hope it is for all of you. I leave you with a sampling from the website "Better Book Titles" (in which a blogger re-titles books to summarize the contents), and I wish you all a Happy June!







3 comments:
Love the book titles!
As I read about your romantic non-adventures I wondered, are you feeling like a character from Taming of the Shrew?
Yay! I'm so happy you found a job!That's hecka exciting news! And boys are overrated-plus you're leaving. My advice: Find yourself a Dmitri in Russia. mmmm. That'd be fun, right? (Not to mention that he's the most attractive non-Disney prince;)
Yay! I'm so glad you got hired! We start work on Monday! Whoopee for no more custodial!
Post a Comment