Pages

Monday, May 23, 2011

Desert? Yeah, right!


There have been days when I longed for rain. There have been days when I have prayed for rain.

These last couple of weeks have filled my quota for the rest of the year.

I am sick and tired of being sopping wet. I miss the blue sky, and I miss the sun. It was exciting and fun for the first two days, but now, I'm really ready for it to stop.

Rain, rain, go away...

My roommates are happy that it is raining. I am completely miserable about it. It makes us all feel guilty, and we tip-toe around each other, trying not to mention the weather.

It doesn't help that my family lives in an area surrounded by a usually shallow creek which is now dangerously swollen. There's going to be flooding down there, the question is just "how bad?" And I'm constantly worried that one of the little kids in our neighborhood is going to try to explore the excitingly changed creek, and end up drowning.

Rain, rain, go away...

I'm cold and wet, trapped in my apartment because - with no car - I don't feel like swimming anywhere. I just sit alone on the couch, dismally watching the world drip.

My mood is heavy, stormy, and gray. But I don't see why it shouldn't be. It's just mimicking the world outside. That's fair, isn't it?


"Rain, rain, go away.
Come again on some other guy."
                  - Tigger

3 comments:

Chelsea Decker said...

**Chelsea** - You can give your rain to us! Hardly anyone has lawns because it's so dry.

Robin said...

Sorry the rain is getting you down. Have you tried an anti-rain dance?

Love the Tigger quote.

Anonymous said...

Sica, you can get a ride with me and we'll go to the Coldstone Creamery or something!!