Pages

Saturday, May 21, 2011

What's Up with Russia?

For those of you keeping track, there are approximately 96 days left until I leave for St. Petersburg.



Yeah! It just keeps getting closer and closer. It's starting to freak me out a little (which is NOTHING compared to what it's doing to my parents). I'm very excited, though, and very busy because now I have to do all that "last minute" paperwork.

Here's my International Language Program To-Do list for the next few months:

1. Register with the American Embassy in St. Petersburg
2. Verify that my health insurance covers emergency medial evacuation service
3. Go to the doctor and get a physical, to make sure I'm healthy enough to be abroad/working with children for four months
4. Provide a record of my immunization/vaccination history
5. Pass an HIV test (I'm pretty sure that, to pass, you're supposed to not have HIV)
6. Get a copy of my high school diploma sent to the ILP office
7. Fill out a questionnaire, so that the ILP in St. Petersburg can find a host family that will like me

Then, I've still got to make sure I've got all the supplies I'll need (including dark and warm clothing), renew my driver's license (since it'll expire while I'm away), see my personal soul eater orthodontist, and FIND A JOB ALREADY!!!!

Sigh. Anyway, just wanted to update you on my plans for fleeing the country. Y'know, in case I owe you money or something and you want to make sure you collect before I run off. (But don't try anything funny, because I intend to come back with all sorts of Mafia connections . . . )

4 comments:

Sarah Jane said...

You could always try getting a job through SOS staffing- that's how I ended up at Nu Skin. Working at Nu Skin through SOS is quite easy. It's full-time and pays $8/hr, although I'm not sure if that's enough for you, but it's worth a shot.

Anonymous said...

Oh dude, if ANYONE was to go to Russia and return with mafia connections, it'd be you. 0_o

Robin said...

Yes, your parents are freaking out.

E said...

Good luck with the funding. Haha, this is funny because I just started the same checklist...My parents are freaking out about China too. :) P.S. Have you been watching/stalking everything you can find on Russia? Because I kind of feel like a nerd when I get such a kick out of these Chinese documentaries...