Pages

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Work, work, work!

When you work full time, blogging is harder. 1) You have less time to blog, because you're busy; and 2) The only things going on in your life have to do with work, and nobody cares about that except you.

Ah well.

Having a job is great. I fully appreciate being able to buy groceries without feeling like I'm dangling over shark-infested waters. It keeps me busy, which keeps me happy. I like my job, too, in varying degrees: I like having down-time; I don't like being eaten by mosquitos; I like when I can answer the questions that save a person's trip; I don't like when I have to turn away a family with kids because the beach area is flooded. The good times outweigh the bad, though, and usually I come home from work in a whistling-happy mood.

I have fun times with the customers too: chumming with the regulars, swapping tall tales with the fishermen, getting hit on by the cars full of teenage boys, waving at the little kids in the backs of vans, and being teased by practically everyone. I just respond so well to teasing - with my quick-witted charm, and all - I seem to be a sort of magnet for it. I'm quickly becoming everyone's favorite employee. (Jk, Logan, Alecia, and Becky. *grins*)

And when I'm alone in the booth, I'm plenty good at entertaining myself: I sing the entirety of musicals; I race to beat my best times at finishing crossword puzzles; I play Minesweeper; I turn on the song Jessica by Rick Springfield and dance around the booth.

So, I guess I'm just checking in to say everything is great. :)

And I'm going to San Francisco next week.

1 comment:

Robin said...

I'm so glad you're enjoying yourself. That makes me happy.

And you'd better get used to being a magnet for teasing. It seems to be hereditary in our family.