
(To anyone who has never seen this movie, I weep for you. But no time for explanations now.)
This is a picture of the Swamps of Sadness. Atreyu and Artax have been trying to forge their way across it, to continue their quest. But Artax - the horse - is starting to sink, to give in.
Atreyu is trying to yank him to safety. In a moment that once made my blue, little girl eyes pour tears, Atreyu shouts at him in desperation, "Artax! You have to fight it! Fight the sadness, Artax!"
: (
Why this is on my mind should be obvious, and if it isn't, the results are the same. I refuse to explain myself further. I am not one to shine light on my darkest places.
Today's Movie: "Frankenstein"
2 comments:
I STILL weep at that part. Everytime.
I also clutch pillows and scream at Atreyu to run through the 2 gates.
...poor Artax. Still, he makes it out alive in the end. :)
MOONCHILDDDD!!!!!!
I had forgotten this scene. Very powerful portrayal. Good choice.
Post a Comment