Pages

Saturday, October 30, 2010

30 Days: Fake Halloween


Naturally, as it's Fake Halloween, I had a terrifying nightmare involving children's toys with very long knives that woke me up at 4:30am this morning. Happy Halloween, Jessica. It was so scary that I stood in front of my bedroom door for five minutes just staring at the doorknob - wondering if there were any murderous, six-foot Barbies on the other side of the wood - before I was brave enough to go out into the hall.

So a rough start this morning, but it's Fake Halloween, so everything should be better after that, right?

Nope. Because my family had plans this weekend that had nothing to do with Halloween. My grandpa decided he was moving today, so we packed the whole family in the car and drove over to help him box things up and get them to his new house (which - in case Logan and Kimberly are still reading my blog - is just around the corner from the Brown's chocolate-cake house). My grandma has so much stuff! We were working over there for about five hours, and we only got through about a third of the house.



Now I'm sitting at home, thinking I should have come up with a costume a long time ago, but too tired to come up with one now. My family is spread out across the nation (well, Sam's in California, at any rate) and I'm on door-duty, handing out pixie-stix and bubblegum to little kids - also to big kids, but I find them annoyingly punkish and I don't give them as much candy.



Anyway, only one month left until my birthday! Just a few more weeks, and you won't have to listen to me blog-whine anymore. We can make it through this together, I know we can!



Today's Movie: "The Island" and "Thriller"

3 comments:

Dona said...

I love "The Island". My big kids were given strict instructions to avoid acting like punks so I hope it wasn't one of mine.

Karen Mello Burton said...

Are you telling me they are moving up the street, just because they can? Yuck... I hate moving!

Robin said...

Happy fake Halloween!