"The Last 100 Days" of what? you ask. Of teenager-dom. For me. You see, as of today, there are only one hundred days left until I have my twentieth birthday and leave behind the thrills of teenager-dom forever. And since that is a rather momentous occasion - nearing the end of my second decade of life, and all that - I decided to make a bit of a big deal out of it. So as to ensure that I make these last one hundred days memorable, I am going to blog on each and every one of them.
That's right! You heard it here first, folks! I am going to blog DAILY for the next 100 days. And you'll be able to read it, every day, as the countdown goes from 100 to 1.
(Isn't it kind of more exciting that way? Counting down instead of up? Maybe I'll have a party when the countdown runs out. Wait. That'll be my birthday. So, yeah, I guess that's a great time for a party!)
I stand upon the deck of a glorious ship docked in the harbor, watching the crew (who, oddly enough, all look just like me) scurry around preparing the final details for the journey. Are all of the supplies on board? Who knows? Will there be storms and turbulence? Undoubtedly. But that's half the fun of it.
"Cut the line!" I shout.
A crewman obeys, pulling out a dagger and slicing through the strands. The final rope holding us to the dock falls away. The ship rocks once heavily as we pull away from the mainland. I stride to the front deck and smile. The ocean waits before me, glistening in the setting sun. I take the helm, my hands firm and eager upon the solid wood, my gaze set on the horizon.
And the voyage begins.
3 comments:
Since I did my 365 blogging I am completely addicted to the daily stuff. I need it. I can't function without it. OK, I overspeak, but it is fun!
Best of luck!
I am beautiful!! :D
Jk, but Gros, you are seriously the coolest :)
Looking forward to the adventure!
Post a Comment