Sigh. Well, I knew it was going to happen sooner or later. I was dreading it every day last week. I just kinda thought that when school actually started I would be okay.
I was wrong. I still don't want to be there.
Ah well. It's not all to do with my loaded classes and odd teachers. School started at a very bad time this year. I am in my deepest, craggiest low for the month already. Having to go to school is only augmenting my despair by forcing me to get dressed and be in public when I want with all my heart to lay on the couch and eat ice cream.
Also, I need to say something to all those people who commented about my princess story. First of all, I'm glad most of you liked it. Secondly, if any aspects of the story seem to reflect my life (or position on marriage) that is only to be expected: we authors write what we know. Finally, I wrote the darn thing just because I couldn't think of anything to say for a post. I don't know any more about the story than you do, therefore I do not HAVE an ending. (Though I would be willing to continue the story in future posts if only to avoid having to say anything of substance.)
By the way, if you have not read the princess story, I suggest you do. It's not great literature, but it's kind of fun. It's Saturday's post, entitled Recreational Writing.
2 comments:
This time will pass. You are strong and even though it's tough, you will push through. I've seen you do it many times before.
You should get ice cream while you're at school tomorrow. Hit the creamery. Consider it school supplies.
I kinda know what you mean. :/ I have been dreading it too and now I'm still upset. Yesterday I wrote several pages of stuff for my first Government class today and I logged on my computer to print it off only to find that it has... mysteriously disappeared... good start, no? ;) But like your mum (and Erin - every freaking time I complain about anything) says, it'll pass. We just need to cling on to that hope, yes?
If you're anything like me, you dislike inspirational words when you're in the dump, so I'll stop. ;)
Post a Comment