Pages

Friday, December 31, 2010

Whoa...what happened last night?

I get that sort of feeling this time every year. That hangover feeling where I'm looking forward and everything that happened before is just a blur. What happened last year? How did I spend 2010, now that it's nearly over?

Thank goodness I have a blog, or I'd never know what I was up to!

Goings-on In 2010

1. Continued in my schooling despite the University's many attempts to squash me
2. Was accepted into Phi Eta Sigma National Honors Society
3. Lived with my roommates and had some good college-y fun
4. DIDN'T go on a single date (hmm, I feel a New Year's Resolution forming...)
5. Started some really awesome stories
6. Reached 100 blog posts
7. Moved back in with my parents to save money
8. Learned how to play racquetball and how to beat people up (in self defense, of course...)
9. Applied and was accepted into the International Language Program
10. Sent my best friend on a mission to Connecticutt (miss you, Eric...)
11. Wrote 100 blog posts in a row
12. Became a Primary Teacher and caretaker for an autistic five-year-old
13. Discovered a new favorite radio station (KLove)
14. Went to an Anime Convention
15. Went to Harry Potter 7 Part 1, at midnight, IN COSTUME!
16. Read lots of great books (Unwind, Hunger Games Series, etc)
17. Figured out that I'm not in high school any more and that I can't expect to be the same person that I was back then. Also, that my life is a heckofa lot harder now, but that I can handle it. I just have to handle it differently.
18. Reached 200 blog posts
19. Got to be the boss at work for two weeks while my superior officer was out of town
20. Turned 20 years old. (sick....)

Oh yeah! I remember that stuff. Good times, good times.

Except for the whole "not a single date in all of 2010" thing. I ought to get to work on that. And when am I ever going to get my first kiss?! That's it. This year, I'm shoving school to the side a bit and working on being more exciting.

Plans for 2011

1. Fly in an airplane for the first time ever!
2. Go to a foreign country for the first time ever! (RUSSIA, BABY!)
3. Apply and be accepted into the English Teaching Program so I can get on with my life
4. Watch at least 12 of my friends become married people (This is really just a bet I'm making: who will fall in 2011?)
5. Learn to juggle with four balls instead of just three.
6. Start actually going to social events at school and make some new friends already!
7. Turn 21 years old
8. Become the gorgeous, witty, talented adult-version of Jessica Grosland



This time next year, I hope to have a lot more to be looking back on than just "Well, I went to school a lot..."

4 comments:

Sarah Jane said...

I'm so happy for your accomplishments, Grosland.
And I'm happy you get to go to Russia... in an airplane. I love airplanes.
Also, I will not get married. Just count on that.

Kim said...

Oh dear. My mother's goal for this year is to get 2 of her children married...honestly, how on earth does she think she can successfully pull this off? Just to warn you: I won't be one of those friends. Dubs (and sorry for the hindrance).

Karen Mello Burton said...

Big big year for you. And lots of good things coming in 2011.

Robin said...

All in good time.

And you will do many more exciting things that you haven't even thought of yet.

Can't wait to see.