Pages

Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas Tree Shopping with the Groslands



Some Quotes from the Day


"I want this one!"
"It's all crooked, though."
"I know, so no one else is going to buy it. I don't want it to be sad."
"Honey, they're trees. They don't get sad."
"How do you know?"



"Hey, Jess. Do you think I could fit inside one of these dog houses?"
"Yeah, you're tiny. But do you think I could fit inside?"
(*much shuffling around inside teeny houses*)
"Take that, teeny house!"


"Help! Someone help me!"
"Hannah? What's wrong?"
"I'm trapped!"
"Where are you?" (*finds her in a clump of trees*) "Oh, there you are. Well, just come out."
"I can't! I'm trapped!"
"Go around the back."
"I can't!"
"Well, just go out the side."
"I can't!"
(*inspects the trees and can't find a way out*) "...How the heck did you get in there?"
"....I don't know."


"How about this one?"
"No way. It's fat."
"That's what I like about it!"


"Look at this footprint! It's full of flowers!"
"Cari, are those from your boots?"
(*she giggles conspiratorily*)


"Alright, this is the one.... Nik, come on! We can't buy ALL the trees."
"Hold on, I just want to say something." (*he looks out on the crowd of Christmas trees*) "My dear friends, it pains me that I must leave you here in the cold snow. But never fear! Some nice family will buy you, and take you to their home. You tall ones, someone will buy you soon. And you smaller ones...a family of dwarves might buy you."
"Nik! Come on!"
"Farewell, my tree friends! Merry Christmas!"

2 comments:

Robin said...

And that's exactly how it was, too.

Anonymous said...

Jealous. Ours was a lot of Moroni being coat-less and "not cold", Emma flirting with the tree boys and getting a few of them to follow us around (AUGH) and me being much miffed because no one likes the same tree as me.