Pages

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Speed Reading

This is the Book of Mormon.














You may be familiar with it. It contains 15 different books of scriptures, comprising of a total of 239 chapters - 531 pages of gospel doctrine. As of yesterday and finishing in about two weeks, I will have read 124 chapters - 280 pages.

Yep. It's my REL A - 121 assignment. I'm to read the first half of the Book of Mormon by September 15th. That's exactly 20 pages a day.
I know, right? But that's just the one class. I also have about 40 pages of reading for my ENGL 150 class, 6 Syllabuses to master, a paper to write, a couple quizzes, and a lot of technical stuff to figure out. And that's just for today.

Also, I wake up at 3:00am to go to work. Who's bright idea was that? Actually, to tell the truth, you wouldn't believe how beautiful the campus is in the middle of the night. It's pitch black and silent and empty, with nothing but the stars and the city lights to keep you company. I rather enjoy it.

But I DID have to spend five LONG minutes alone in a room with a tarantula today. It was terrifying. I was trying not to look at him but keep an eye on him at the same time, so he didn't try any tricks. When I left the room I kept having to look behind me, half expecting the wretched thing to be chasing after me, skittering down the dark hallway. If he had done, I guarantee you I would have fled for my life.

Well, I'm off to ENGL 195 - Intro to the English Major. I haven't had this class yet. We'll see how it goes.

Hope things are well in Springvillle!

- Jessica

5 comments:

Logan Thomas said...

yeah, this is the part I'm not jealous of...

DarthBillgr said...

Tarantulas are our friends. Don't be hatin.

Love,
Dad.

CHERRANNE said...

Well, I just became a Favorite Crazy if that is okay. You are a FABULOUS and entertaining writer! LOVE it. I am so proud of My Little Kindergartner Jess. :-) ♥

Jessica Grosland said...

Awww, Cherranne, I love you! Of course you can be a favorite crazy!

Haley said...

Jessica, holy hannah!

You must be supa-woman or something! How are yo uable to survive getting up at 3am every day? Other than tarantulas, what exciting adventures have awaited exploitation at work/school?

I never knew that a Book of Mormon class could be that intense. Woah.

I wish you the best, and my prayers go with you!

(You do hear this lots, but you are an incredible writer, just so you're aware.) ;)

Cheers!