Pages

Sunday, August 30, 2009

College Life: Living in a Sitcom

So I've been living in my apartment for almost a week now, and it is a ton of fun! I wish I had pictures to show you, but I'll just have to explain as best as I can with words.

My roomies are the best:

Marisa: She's cute as a button. She has long dark hair and beautiful brown eyes. She loves anything strawberry and she is ridiculously happy almost all of the time. She's really good at going out of her way to meet people, so it's thanks to her that I know anyone outside of our room. She's from Chandler, Arizona and she stayed up until 2:00 this morning to decorate the apartment for Alli's birthday.

Alli: She's one of the most determined people I've ever met. She is six feet tall and has red hair. She's funny and sarcastic, and every time a boy walks past our window she evaluates his level of attractiveness. She's not afraid of anything, so she's the one we send out to do stuff like telling the front desk to fix our dishwasher. She is from Chandler, Arizona too, and she and Marisa went on that Choir Tour to Europe this summer. She just turned eighteen today.

Jerina: She is from Hawai'i and she is BEAUTIFUL. I'm so freakin' jealous of her gorgeous black hair! She is super nice and can usually be found in her bedroom on the phone with one of her millions of friends. She is going to teach us how to hula dance, and we're all really excited. She also introduced me to this Hawaiian treat called Arare which is most delicious.

Xan: Xan is short for Alexandra, and she is just as crazy as she sounds. She has short blond hair and makes me laugh all the time. She's on the BYU colorguard, and she loves to have fun. She's from Georgia, and she says that she puts on her heavy winter coat at 65 degrees. (*winces*) She can't understand why she moved to Utah.

Alyssa I haven't met yet, but she should be moving in today. (*scared face*) I'm excited and a little nervous. She's the one sharing MY room.

We also met some boys. (*wink wink*) They live in apartment 120, so that's usually how I refer to them: the boys from 120. They are:

Eric: He likes to do the dishes. He plays the guitar, but he professes to be unable to sing - which doesn't actually keep him from singing. He's really friendly, and he just got back from his mission three weeks ago. He went to Australia, but he's originally from California. He's a very strict observer of the honor code and he wouldn't be caught dead in our bathroom.

Jacob: He's tall, blond, and is the most intelligently funny person here. He drove us around all night last night and I find him to be a very fun but very FAST driver. He's from Washington(?) and I get along with him really well. (Probably because we both love Tucanos and have eaten chicken hearts.) He served his mission in Brazil and speaks Portuguese - occasionally without meaning to.

Jim: Also known as JIMMERS. He really is just a big ball of laughs, and Marisa seems to have an extreme weakness for him. She almost passed out from laughing when Jim said that his mom used to call him Jimmers, and we have all decided that that is his official title as of now. He continually tries to perform Jedi mind tricks, but very rarely succeeds.

I'm running out of time, so I'll have to shorten this. Andrew, Jeff, and Lewis also live in 120, but they're really quiet so I don't know much about them. More updates when I figure out more about them.

Today was my first day in my new ward. Sunday School was the funniest. It went like this:

Paul: Er, I've never taught a Sunday School lesson in my life, so bear with me. Our lesson today is called . . . (*looks down embarrassed, then speaks really fast*) Sealed for Time and All Eternity.

Entire Class: BAH HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!

Paul: Yeah. Welcome to the Single's Ward.

3 comments:

Alli said...

Um so I love you. This will be the best year ever, and all I have to say is that I have the BEST roommates ever for making my birthday incredible. You're super and we will make sure to make BYU a place that you LOVE. Promise.

A said...

You're SCREWED!
If you fall in love with a 120 I am going to laugh my big fat patootie off! You are so cute, I'm glad college life rocks!

Logan Thomas said...

Can I tell you how extremely jealous I am of your fun, new college life? You're meeting new people and doing new things and having a bloody blast!

I'm also really glad you are going to school here in Utah instead of far away in Indiana, simply because it's a bit easier to keep in touch. I hope you are glad too.