Where the BYU students all live.
Hi, guys. I just wanted to do another post while I'm at my parents' house and can steal their resources. I'm just visiting, though, because as of yesterday I am MOVED OUT, BABY!
I moved into my apartment yesterday afternoon/night. I'm going to have five roommates eventually, but for now I've only met three of them: Alli, Xan, and Marisa. I'd tell you all about them, but this might be my last chance on the computer for some time, so I have other things I have to get to.
Also, I wanted to tell everyone that I finally got a job! I was just hired today, and I'll probably start working next week. I'm doing custodial work at the Joseph F. Smith Building, and I'm very excited about it. I had an interview with my boss today and I think we're going to get on extremely well. The job pays well, and it's nearby. The only drawback is that I have to be at work at 4:00 AM. I work from 4:00 AM - 7:30 AM every weekday. My earliest class is Honors Writing, which is at 8:00 on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. I should have no problem getting there on time (It's right next to where I work) but I'll probably look pretty crappy those days.
College is kind of freaky, and I feel like a twitchy sophomore again, but what else could I have expected? I think I'll get used to it a lot faster once the actual classes start.
Oh, side note to Kimberly Brown: "I'm going to get my books sometime this week. It was really nice of you to offer to take me, and I'd love to go with you, but I don't know when I'll have time to do it, so I couldn't give you much advanced notice. Plus, my books are going to cost around $55o, so I'm probably going to break down sobbing in the middle of the line. So if you still want to take me, let me know. Otherwise, I'm letting you off the hook."
This is probably going to be my last post for a while. I don't have a laptop or anything, so I have no idea how often I'm going to be able to post, but know that I am alive and well in ZoobieLand.
Love you guys!
Jessica
2 comments:
4:00 AM ouch, that is disgusting. Good luck and well pray for you
Jessica! I would totally still go with you...and be sure to check bookexchange.byu.edu as well because usually they are a lot cheaper there. And if you have time you can usually find them cheap on Amazon.com. But some of the books you can only find at the BYU bookstore...alas. What is your cell phone number?
Post a Comment