So, I have in the past been refering to this holiday as Singles Awareness Day, because it only reminded me of the fact that I have no Knight in Shining Armor to whisk me away into the sunset. However, I have decided to be less stupid/self-deprecating/annoying and make this holiday enjoyable for myself.
Thus, my new Valentine's Day strategy.
Instead of focusing on the frustrating/non-existant love life I have right now, I choose to celebrate the fantastic love life I will have in the future. I have complete faith that I will someday find true love and get married and live happily ever after; and just because I don't know who my one true love is at the moment, doesn't mean he isn't out there!
So I will use today and every Valentine's Day hence to focus on the happy idea of my true love being out there, looking for me. I shall buy myself chocolates and roses, because I assume He would do so if he only knew where to send them. And I will write Him a letter, a letter to my one true love, and when I finally know who he is, I will have a mass of Valentine's Day letters to him from when I didn't even know for sure that he existed!
...Which he will probably find really nerdy and ridiculous, but my One True Love will, of course, love that about me.
3 comments:
That is awesome Jessica!!! Wow that is such a great idea, I might just steal it from you :) Your future husband is a very very lucky guy. I love you tons and hope you had a great valentines dear :)
I just have one thing to say.
"Aww!!"
Post a Comment