Pages

Monday, May 16, 2011

New Singles Ward

Yesterday, with my best dress on and my smile nervously in place, I walked to church by myself (silly out-of-town roommates!) to meet my new singles ward.

And guess what? They actually all seem really cool! And not even that weird! (Well, maybe a little weird...)

I decided to be proactive and actually meet people, since last year I was a total recluse and completely miserable in my singles ward. And God helped me, too. Because every time I met someone and thought oh good, now I can just follow this person around all day... God would shake His head and say I don't think so. You need to meet LOTS of people. and suddenly that nice, friendly person I just met would completely ditch me. It happened more than once. So I met lots and LOTS of people yesterday, but I'm all the better for it.

Let's see which names I can remember:

There's Lizzy, who was apparently in my English 250 class. She was super nice and gave me her number in case I ever wanted to hang out or something.

Then there was Christine, and her friends Ariel and Aaron who were swooning about the awesomeness of Bleach the whole time I was with them.

There was Kimber, who lives two apartments down from me; Tiffany, from Payson, who shared her hymnbook with me; and Sarah who sat by me in ward choir.

Because I went to ward choir! Like a good, involved, go-getter type person. (Because I've been inspired by 2 Nephi 2:16 "The Lord gave unto man that he should act for himself.") I went to ward choir so that I could develop/share my talents, meet people who like singing, and OF COURSE so that I could become introduced to all of the attractive, singing men.

Because there were plenty. (*evil grin*)

5 comments:

Robin said...

I'm glad you're making more friends. You're so brave!

Chelsea said...

I have found that if you want to have fun with your ward, you have to know everybody! The ones who get out and meet people are the ones who get invited to do things more often. And it all starts at the beginning, because once the groups have been determined it feels awkward jumping into pre-set hang out groups. Just my opinion. :D Have fun! Single wards are great!

Anonymous said...

F'awesome. :) And we'll do good tonight too. You are so much better with names than I am. D: I'll have to practice real hard this summer.

Katy said...

Go Jess! You totally rock!

Karen Mello Burton said...

Any of those people will be glad to have met you!