I only have three days left at my freakishly-early custodial job. (*crowds cheer*) Yes, yes, I am delighted. Finally I will be able to return to my natural, nearly-nocturnal circadian rhythm. I will get to stay up late with my roommates; I will get to wake up AFTER seven o'clock; and best of all, I will get to have more than five hours of sleep every night. I am so excited to not feel exhausted all the time!
HOWEVER. Because of the life-is-a-boulder-trying-to-run-me-down complex I've had for the last couple of weeks (end-of-semester blues) I haven't been able to accomplish what now seems like the most important task on my list. I still haven't found a new job. (*facepalm*)
Don't get me wrong. I've applied for a few different jobs, but nothing's worked out and I haven't been trying as hard as I should have. (Foolishly, I keep thinking that if I don't feel well I shouldn't have to do anything. I'm learning the fallacy of THAT thinking real fast.) I'm currently in a layered application process with some company called Property Solutions Inc, which is looking for part-time writers. But I am increasingly worried that the next few weeks will find me very unemployed. And I've got to start making payments to the ILP for my Russia trip!
I hate money. And I hate looking for a job. All my other jobs thus far have come through my own connections (I knew someone who knew someone who gave me a job, that type of thing). I'm not sure how long it will take me to find a job on my own, and I don't have a lot of time to spare.
Anyway, if any of you knows of any job opportunities, I'd be much obliged if you'd pass them along. I'm not picky, just poor.
And now, off to bed! I'm not through with the custodial job yet.
6 comments:
Sorry for the stress. If I had the money, I'd totally hire you. I have lots of jobs you could do.
It will work out. You are awesome. Some company will be very lucky to get you.
Oh, and I love you lots!
I know Vivint should be hiring...besides that I don't know, sorry! But good luck!
Today I heard there's a place called Beehive clothing that's always hiring. It's something with the church/temple clothes. The only problem is that it's in Lehi... you could check it out and see how much the pay is. Good luck! :)
Sicka, I know how you feel! I'm so excited to be actually done! I never thought the day would come, and now they're kicking us out! Guess what! Today's the last day we have to go to bed early! Hip hip hooray! I hope all goes well with the job search as I am in the same boat. Let's not sink it.
Hey Jess! I don't know if you've found a job yet. While I was in college I found that it was hard to get a job just for the summer because people naturally want you to stick around if they are going to train you, etc. The best luck I had was either with places I had already worked (so they had already trained me and knew me) and the other place was temporary agencies. These are places that employers call when they only need an extra employee for a few days or weeks, sometimes months. It is a really good option and you get to experience a lot of different work enviornments -- which is cool, especially if you need to say, write about a specific work environment and be realistic about it. :) Look up "Employment Contractors--Temporary Help" in the phone book. Typically, they'll put you on file immediately and call you as soon as someone calls them and needs someone like you. They'll like you and you'll get lots of work! Good luck!
Springville is getting a Papa John's place over by iHop, if you're interested. I've got myself an interview over there tomorrow. Good luck, dear!
Post a Comment