Pages

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

I got in!

I was accepted into the International Language Program! I'm all set to go, Fall 2011. I've got an appointment for tomorrow to go back to the office and fill out the "Documents" packet. Then I'll be assigned to a city.





I'm really excited. I'll finally get to have my adventure. All I've got to do is make it through this next year of college, and then I'll be off. I'll get to ride in an airplane for the first time; I'll be in a foreign country for the first time; I'll get to really teach a classroom of kids for four months, great practice for my future career; I'll be thousands of miles away from anyone who knows me, and I'll get to see what I'm really made of. It's going to be great.

In more immediate news, I'd like to introduce Paul the octopus:



Or, more appropriately, Paul the psychic octopus. He lives in Germany, and he correctly predicted the outcome of eight of the World Cup matches this year (That's 100% accuracy, folks!). The owners would put two containers of food in his tank, each with the flag of a team on it, then Paul would open the container with the flag of the country who was going to win the game. And he got it right eight out of eight times!

Isn't this a great world?

P.S. Go Spain!

2 comments:

Robin said...

And I will quit breathing for 4 months. But you have fun!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I am so happy for you. I can't wait to hear about your adventure. Since my adventure right now is trying to raise two humans, it will be nice to lose myself in your exploits whenever possible.

Aunt Heidi