Pages

Friday, June 25, 2010

All Those In Favor?


I was the subject of a vote today, and I'm feeling a little self-conscious about it. Particularly because I don't know how the vote turned out yet.

Okay, remember me saying something in the past about applying to the International Language Program? Well, after a month of working on applications, communicating with references, paying the fee, and sitting down with two representatives, all that's left now is to wait. I had my formal interview yesterday. Today they "polled" the office to decide if they wanted me. Next week they'll review their decision, then they contact me with the news.

(*deep inhale, exhale*)

I'm fine. No more stress. I can't do anything at this point anyway, so why worry about it? I'm hoping to get in, but at the same time I'm absolutely terrified that I'll get in. I got to talk to some girls who just got back from ILP in Russia, and so I got to ask all sorts of questions about what it's like and how things work, and they reaffirmed my first impression: It is an incredible experience, but it does take you completely out of your comfort zone.

I hate leaving my comfort zone. Who doesn't? It's uncomfortable, duh. But most of the times I've been shoved (by others or on my own impulse) out of my comfort zone, it's worked out really well: cliff-jumping on the Colorado River, riding my first "big" rollercoaster, eating a chicken heart . . . . Gee, my life is more adventurous than I thought!

The jury's out on how awesome I am. But when the court gets back in session, I'll let you know what the verdict is.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

*crosses fingers* Geeze, you're the coolest Gros. :)

Robin said...

My vote is always a Yea! vote for you.

I will love you either way. I'll be excited for you if you get to go; I'll sleep better if you don't.

I kind of hope you get to go just so you can get your desire for a big adventure out of your system. I know how badly you want to go.

But I can't imagine four months without you. :(

Karen Mello Burton said...

My jury isn't out. You are totally awesome and they would be idiots to not choose you! There. You have my vote.

DarthBillgr said...

I like eggs.

Steph-a-Neph said...

Jessi dear, I hope you get in, I really do, but it'd be so weird for you to be even LESS available for play-time than you are now. I would miss you far more than is healthy. :) But if you get in, I say go. :D

Kim said...

Dear Jessica Grosland,
The girl in the picture totally looks like you when we were in the same 1st grade reading group. Only you were nerdier.
On an entirely different note: CONGRATULATIONS on getting in!!! I knew you'd make it. That is seriously so super awesome! Good luck!
Love, Kim