
I met this boy on my very first choir tour. I was sixteen. He took interest in me. Being young and naive, I thought this must be a good thing. I turned out to be wrong. It's hard to stop a thing like that once it starts rolling. There was some physical contact involved which I didn't know how to stop. (Don't freak out. We didn't even hold hands.) Fortunately for me, it was a relationship of convenience. Choir tour ended, and I never really saw him again.

These two boys represent the best friendship I had for almost all of my public school education. (Sorry it's such a bad picture.) They were a duo, and yet they were such different people that it's almost funny they'd get along so well. One was my childhood friend, confidant, and practically my brother. The other is someone I fancied for a long time, who's friendship I nearly lost after a terrible autumn evening. Several bumps (and one cliff-dive) later, I still spend more time thinking about these two than almost anyone else in the world.
Probably, you recognize this boy. The Amazing Spiderman. I adore this nerdy, spandex-wearing kid. And yes, I mean the one in the picture, specifically. Because I met this Spiderman in Hollywood. I posed for a picture with him, when suddenly destiny struck and Spiderman swept me up into his arms. (*exaggerated sigh*) Unfortunately, that picture is stuck in my friend's camera, so you don't get to see it. But trust me, it was a magical moment. I know we'll be together some day.
I've never met this guy. I don't know who he is, or where he's from, or if he can actually play that guitar. But I saw this picture on Deviantart, and I fell for his carefree ways and live-it-up attitude. So I kept the picture. Because whoever he is, he makes me smile.
- - - - - -
What's the point, you ask? Well, I've been accused of having a bad attitude toward males. Apparently sources have me quoted as saying that men are irritating, confusing, stupid, and frankly bothersome. What these sources have been ignoring is that I have also been quoted as saying that men are wonderful, attractive, fun to be around, and amazing singers. Without boys, I would have no one to dance with, no one to make me laugh, no one to bring me back down to earth, and no one to give me that perfect hug when I've had a terrible day.
So this post was a way of looking at a random selection of boys I have known (kinda) in my life, and figuring out whether I like them or not as a whole. And my decision is thus:
Men have caused me a lot of grief in my life, but they have also been some of my biggest supports, my best friends, and my favorite people. I certainly wouldn't want to live in a world without them.
So here's to you, men. Keep up the good work.
9 comments:
Wow! Way to go and show me a positive attitude on guys when I've been feeling the exact polar opposite of this :S
I love this, Grosland. Mostly because I pretty much have the same attitude, but I probably don't show it as much. Also, I'm just pathetic.
And yes, men are good singers. I'm not even a singer and I can agree with that.
Amen.
I saw one of these boys recently and wondered about your friendship with him. Me? I am in favor of the opposite sex.
Dude, you want the Spiderman picture? It's still on my computer.
A-MEN. :D Dude, who's been saying that? I'll crack them...
And really... who else would rescue you when you miles from camp in the middle of a cold windy night?... :)
I like it Jess. Way to go. :)
Did I mention that they're fun to kiss, too?
Oh, yeah! I did! :)
Post a Comment