Pages

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Wee! New Format!

Isn't it pretty? And blue! Blue is not my very favorite color, but I do believe it represents me best. Plus, the color personality test told me that I was blue. Who am I to question such empirical data?

Yesterday was my last day of school! YAY! Now I just have to wrestle my way past two finals, and by Thursday I'll be free for summer activities. I am soooo excited to not ride the bus every day anymore. Not that it isn't enthralling to sit next to strange, middle-aged men with a need for companionship . . . (*shudders*)

Oh! Yesterday was also the day I submitted my application to the ILP (International Language Program). I've got my references sent in, too, so all I have to do now is call to schedule an interview, and then I should be on my way. See, if I get accepted, then during fall semester of 2011 I'll be in Russia, living with a host family and teaching kindergarteners how to speak English. Exciting, huh?! Hopefully I'll be celebrating my 21st birthday with Mother Russia next year!

My siblings are already deeply set in their summer schedules. Sam wakes up at 6:30am to go to band practice every day and get whipped because she likes it. Cari has been cleaning, designing, and basically being ridiculously productive. Nik is developing his computer addiction, and when he does venture outside it is to play baseball and flex "for the ladies." Hannah is playing softball, which she loves, and hanging out with friends the rest of the time. I'm the only one still slogging away, and I can't wait to be done with it. (Three more days . . . three more days . . .)

Anyway, that's what's happening here in Groslandia. I just finished fiddling with my format and thought I'd wave at anyone who still reads my blog. I'll see you guys later. For now, I am going to go eat a cookie and start studying for finals.

6 comments:

Tairsa said...

Finals? Good luck missy! I am done, all of mine were in class yesterday. I must say, the feeling is great, until classes start again monday. I am wishing I would have followed suit and not taken summer classes. RUSSIA!! AHHH! So cool! Let me know if you make it, that would be fabulous and you would be fabulous there. What a great opportunity!

Karen Mello Burton said...

Middle-aged men in need of companionship? Welcome to my life!

Good luck with finals. I think you are awesome.

Dona said...

I like the new format and the name Groslandia. Very clever.

Robin said...

Now your blog matches your eyes. If only you knew someone with a great new camera who could take a nice close up shot of you so that you could put it on your blog and show the world how color coordinated you are. If only.

Katy said...

Hey! I read a really good fantasy that was based on Russian mythology. I think it was even by Orson Scott Card. You would like it! Isn't that helpful? Actually, Gwen will remember what it's called. :)

DarthBillgr said...

Umm.... School is out isn't it? I need more stuff from my writer daughter!!!

love,
Dad.