
I was reading the lovely Sister Dona Gay's blog yesterday and as usual was inspired by it. I wrote her a rather lengthy and descriptive comment, which she suggested I turn into my own blog post. Hence, thanks to the miracle-itself of copy and paste, I have done so. Here ye be:
Commenting on a blog about how a woman felt that she had been given a special little miracle from God...
"This is really funny (funny coincidental, not funny strange) because I was just thinking about minor miracles today.
See, I've been having a really hard time with school. (Don't know if you noticed, I WAS being rather subtle about it.) And after putting myself through a lot of needless suffering out of pride and fear, I realized that my problem was that I was feeling so overwhelmed and useless and worthless that I had shut myself off from my Savior and my Heavenly Father.
So, for the first time in months, I decided to go to the devotional. It was really lousy weather and a long walk, so for a while I murmured under my breath that this might be a stupid idea. But I wanted to try to shift the balance in my life; I had WAY TOO MUCH of school, and not nearly enough of God. So I went to the Marriott Center.
And guess what the speaker's talk was focused around?
"To be learned is good IF they hearken unto the counsels of God."
He spent the entire time giving us strategies for having the Lord more prevalent in our lives as we strove to succeed in our studies. I took copious notes, and at the end of the talk, I looked up toward heaven and said quietly, "You're very good at this."
I know that people think that God won't do something that big just for them, that it's just to assist the masses, but I think they're wrong. God is so incredibly all-seeing and all-knowing, that it does not strike me as odd that He is able to compose a talk (or an event) in such a way that it answers the personal questions of EVERY SINGLE PARTICIPANT, whether they see/hear the answers or not.
That is the true miracle."
5 comments:
Thank you for this. You are a miracle!
I am part of the masses! I think our defensiveness is what makes us say things like, "He won't help me." I have let God slip away this week too as I have been running around from 5 a.m. until 9 p.m. in meetings, etc. I am sad to admit I work toward deadlines that seem to be really fixed, and I let my soul suffer for it. I want to get better though.
Thanks for you thoughtful post.
Amen, sister!!
Nicely done.
I love that comment, "you're very good at this." It's one that I often send winging to heaven myself, always wryly. For me the concept is "little bowls of candy." He asks us to step into the darkness, but when we do we find the way swept clean, with little bowls of candy waiting. Life is a process of learning to follow the voice and walk faster, releasing our fear of what's in the darkness. So glad you had a miracle experience!
Post a Comment