Pages

Monday, March 22, 2010

Real Life


*knock knock knock knock knock knock knock knock*

Someone is banging on our door. I sigh, because I know no one else it home and I'm going to have to answer it. As I'm walking to the door I notice that our blinds are shut. I can pretend not to be home. I decide that I'll do exactly that if the person at the door is a male. I look through the peep-hole. It isn't a male.

I open the door, squinting as my eyes adjust to the actual light of outdoors. I've been at my computer doing Spanish homework and my eyes are sore. I look at my guest. She's a cute girl in a blue BYU/SA t-shirt who simply pulsates with lovely personality. She smiles at me. "Hello?" I say, hesitantly. (I don't do this answering-the-door thing very much.)

Her smile is radiant."Hi! I'm from upstairs. Do you guys have wire cutters or a hot glue gun?"

I blink. "...Um, no. I don't think so."

"Oh," The girl looks crestfallen. "Well, alright then." She leaves.

I close the door but remain standing there for a moment. Wire cutters and a hot glue gun. I try the phrase a few times, out loud, tasting the words in my mouth.

And I suddenly, desperately want to run out and join them on their quest.

6 comments:

Breanna said...

Haha! Awesome! I want to come too!

Robin said...

That's something I love about you, you're always up for a quest.

Maybe you need a pair of coconut shell halves.

Karen Mello Burton said...

Sounds intriguing. hmmmmmm You didn't anyone struggling from another apartment, did you?

Logan Thomas said...

What the devil do you suppose they needed wire cutters and a hot glue gun for?
We should create some sort of an adventure that gives us the excuse of using both of those items in a ridiculously exciting way!

Logan Thomas said...

P.S. Is it bad that I saw your mother's comment and thought, "Why would she need a coconut bra?" before realizing she probably meant Monty Python-style coconuts/horses?

P.P.S. You don't have to publish this comment.

Anonymous said...

I love glue guns. :) I have two.