
My skin burns with shame and my blood is racing through my body, trying to flee the despair that is growing within me like a dark, smothering fog.

Consoling words fall harsh and painful upon my tender heart. I see the concern in their eyes as people look at me, trying to heal the wound in my soul. They don't understand. This is my pain, and my battle. The poison in my heart is not from an alien source, it is a part of my soul that has been with me from my earliest days. They cannot root it out without destroying an essential part of me. This darkness is mine, and I am content to own it. I will fight it in my own way and I will be alright again soon enough.
But until then,
I wish to be left alone.
I wish to be left alone.
5 comments:
Absolutely beautiful post! I love this part of you, too.
:( This is just the saddest post I have ever read. If you need anything please please please call. Please! We can have a graham canyon gathering or cookies and cream or you can pick your favorite! I'll even knit something for you. Maybe a book mark because I bet that's all I can do. Please don't hesitate to call! I love you Princess Jessica!
If this is born from personal feelings I wish you the best. I hope you feel better soon.
Sounds like we need to go out drinking again sometime soon.
Anyway, hope you're doing okay. I hope your heart-poison goes into remission soon.
I can't decide if this is poetic and real life, or poetic and not real life. Either way, you wrote it well. Sorry I don't talk to you much Jessi. One of these days, when I'm over to see Erin, we will walk over to your place and chill. I miss your guts! And, if you ever need anything, you have my number. Love you to pieces Jessi!
P.S. I want you to know, that in the 9th grade, when my life was miserable and lonely, you brought me out of it! I finally had friends that would be there for me through thick and thin, and I want to repay the favor. I LOVE MY FRIEND EVER SO MUCH! <3 Steph :D
Post a Comment