All morning I had been plagued by inexplicable noises and open doors that were supposed to be locked. Being a writer - with a CRAZY imagination - I of course jumped to conclusions and started freaking myself out every time. But I'm also fairly intelligent, so I told myself over and over that there was nothing in my suspicions. So I kept working, alone in the lofty halls of the JFSB. But I couldn't shake the feeling, and I kept turning around, thinking there was someone behind me.
Then finally when I was in one of the lobbies I glanced up to look out the long windows lining the north wall. It was still dark outside, so I couldn't see much of what was outside; mostly just my own reflection. And then I froze as I saw the reflection of a dark figure pass quickly behind me.
I spun around.
There was no one there. I ran around the corner. No one. I hadn't heard any footsteps, but still I checked all the neighboring hallways, the exits, trying to find the person who had been just behind me. I never did. But I am absolutely sure that I saw someone. If only for an instant. Someone . . . or something.
Feeling strangely unreal I went back to my job, now uncertain if I was alone after all.
(*creepy music*)

---
---
---
(P.S. In case you wondered, I'm still falling. But I'm hoping to bounce.)
Edit: Since there appears to be some confusion on the issue, let me clarify:
Was I scared? Yes.
Was it really creepy? Yes.
Did being haunted totally make my day? YES.
6 comments:
I sleep with my phone. Call me if you get scared. Love you!
And maybe it was just a lonely spirit that wanted to hear you sing. Maybe you should try that next time. Sing away!
Glad that my hauntings are simply the "floaters" in my eyes casting shadows and scaring me...liked your mom's suggestion to sing.
Don't worry. I see people all the time that aren't there. You get used to it.
Don't call me. I like to sleep.
Love,
Dad.
Dad,
...(*awkward pause*) Let me make sure I got this straight:
1) I'm going crazy.
2) You'd like it if I kept my craziness away from you and left you to rot in your basement bedroom.
Love,
Jess
You. Are. AWESOME. :)
I KNEW IT! I KNEW it was haunted! Nobody else ever believed me cause THEY didn't have to be all alone in each and every one of the darkest rooms in the building for hours at a time having THEIR vacuum cords continually and mysteriously unplugged when they were working.
Post a Comment