Wow. I've never received so many comments so fast on any of my blog posts as I did on the last one. Thanks to everyone who said that they like my posts. Why any of you want to read on and on about me being stalked by a duck . . . I just don't understand you people.
Anyway, I've been really, really busy all week. This is pretty much the first time I've been able to just sit at a computer and surf the internet. It was nice. But I'm starting to learn something about college life: Every week is hard. Every day makes me tired. Every activity is draining.
That's why God invented chocolate. And wonderful friends who bring you soup and freshly baked bread.
More about my life right now . . . . I'm rereading Ender's Shadow, for the billionth time. I just really like that book, okay? I've taken to walking around campus with my nose shoved between the pages, and I've almost been run over twice. But my life is full of people trying to run me over, so that's nothing worth bothering about.
Work is good. Ridiculously early, but good. I've been promoted again. Now I'm a Lieutenant Jr. Grade. I'm moving right on up through the ranks. If I keep going like this, I might become Chief Medical Officer someday!
I still haven't gotten the Swine Flu. I'm kind of disappointed. I've always wanted to be part of an epidemic.
I have another date with Jimmy tonight. Poor kid. He has NO IDEA what he's getting himself into. My roommates are already begging me to invite them to our wedding. (Girls? We're not going to get married! Give it a rest!)
Plus, did I ever mention that I hate dating? I really do. I mean, sure, when I don't date I feel like a loser. But then when I finally get a date I'm reminded of how very much I hate them. Don't get me wrong. It has nothing to do with the guy, or the activity, and when I'm actually on the date I almost always have a great time. But there's something about having a date hanging over my head that just makes me sick to my stomach.
Also, we (the girls from 109) successfully smuggled an illegal goldfish out of our apartment for cleaning checks yesterday.
:)
See, we didn't buy them. They were given to us. And it didn't occur to me until three days into it that we weren't allowed to have pets. There were originally twelve of them, I think. That was a week or so ago. There is only one left. He's a survivor.
Life is still full of more misery and woe than I would like, but Halloween is coming up. Be happy.
3 comments:
Hi Jess. I'm hungry.
Those poor fish. High mortality rate, huh?
I think they're just not made to live. I mean, I used to have a bunch of guppies too, but I accidentally boiled them...water heater gone wild!
Everyone needs a reminder to "be happy" every once in a while. Thanks!
Our fish just....weren't meant to live with us. Except for Vanilla. We don't want you to get married...just date him. We like it. We support it. PLEASE!?
Post a Comment