So I'm taking this Institute class up in Orem (at UVU). Just so you guys know, it's a lot like seminary in all the good ways: teachers who can be funny and spiritual at the same time, the weekly break from the world, studying the gospel with people who are (relatively) close to your own age, etc. I really, really like the class a lot. And I love the teacher, Brother Lewis. He is hilarious.
There is just one problem with my class. I don't know anybody there. I'm a total loner. And I'm too scared to talk to anybody there because almost all of them are returned missionaries or young married couples! They're great people, and I learn a lot from them, but I just feel alone in that class, and it makes me act like a loser instead of my usual fantastically awesome self.
So I had an idea!
Bring some more young'uns!
Brother Lewis is always trying to get us to bring new people to class; we always pick up five to ten people every week. (The class is still small, though. Apparently we lose people, too.) So perhaps I should follow the counsel of my church leaders and invite some friends to come with me! THIS MEANS YOU! ALL OF YOU! THE MORE THE MERRIER!
Yes, I am personally inviting YOU, friend, reader of this - my blog - to join me at Institute next week. The class is on Wednesdays, from 7:00-8:30pm, but I usually leave around 6:30pm. I already bought a parking pass, so we could just carpool. I have four seats in my car and a very cozy trunk, so everyone's invited. I don't think you have to pay for the class if you're just "visiting" but I also don't think you get BYU credit for it or anything. But it really is a fantastic class, so you really should at least think about it.
Personal Invites to my Followers!
Nathan Sutterfield: You were on seminary counsel. You know how awesome this stuff is!
Natalie Brown: I think you're too young, actually. Sorry, Nattie. Let's party some other time!
Logan Thomas: Come on, you know you've been bored, and we haven't seen each other in ages. When was the last time we had a class together that wasn't choir? It'll be like the 1st ward again!
Beth Black: There are plenty of newly-married-grossly-affectionate people to make fun of... :)
Diana Renae: You know you'll love Institute, you just know it.
Princess Aurora: There are LOTS of cute guys!
Alecia Morris: Doesn't this sound like a party? And everyone knows that there's no party until Alecia's there.
Taylor Anderson: Have you missed seminary as much as me? This is a great way to get your gospel fix! I always feel better after an Institute class.
Erin Asay: Brother Lewis is SOOO funny, you'd love him, I know it!
Kimberly Gail: You probably have some Indiana Jones-like adventure to be getting up to, so you may consider yourself exempt on account of BBC - Busy Being Cool.
(*sighs*) Okay, I know I basically just spat out an Institute commercial, and I really don't expect most of you to be interested. But I really would love it if you wanted to come, and I really do think it's a fantastic class. We're studying the Book of Mormon, and I've learned a ton. So if you ARE at all interested, let me know, and we'll party it up on Wednesday.
Love you all!
5 comments:
I would love to come with you!!! I can't think of anything I've got this wednesday.. hopefully I can go. If not this one then next week maybe? Thanks for the invitation :)
YAY! I didn't actually think anyone would say yes! You're my favorite, Diana!
Dang you! And dang institute as well! It all starts at 7 PM or later, which is exactly when I have to go to bed in order to get up for work...mumblegrumph...
Thanks for the invitation, but alas, my attendance is impossible.
AAAAH! I just found your new blogger address! I had no idea you changed it; I just thought that you hadn't been posting lately. Thank goodness I found you! Muah!
And P.S. if you couldn't get into all the classes you wanted to for fall semester, there's enough shuffling around the first week of classes that you can usually add the classes you want. Try to add them online, or show up to the class the first day with an add card (some professors make you keep showing up for a week or so before they take pity on you and let you add the class). Just don't advertise that you're a freshman because they're more apt to add people who are closer to graduation and running out of time. And if you want to go together to buy books or anything, let me know because it can be kind of confusing, and I haven't talked to you in forever! So we could go together. You know, be each other's bodyguards. BYU is a rough neighborhood.
Post a Comment