It's just the truth. Too frequently I find myself annoyed by the human race at large, but I don't think I'm a particularly disagreeable person most of the time. I like most people. But there are some people I just love.
(*smiles peacefully*)
There are almost too many songs to describe these people and the effect they have on me. I can't even begin to quote them, because my brain hits an instant traffic jam when I try to think of some good lyrics. So I will just make up my own.
Oh boy. Here goes:
I'm a stubborn person.
In case you couldn't tell.
And I refuse to let it show
When I'm going through Hell.
But you always seem to notice,
Because you care enough to see.
And it's the little things you do to help
That end up saving me.
A nighttime visit. A friendly note.
Waiting so I don't have to walk alone.
Respectful silence. A firm embrace.
A sweet conversation on the phone.
A soothing touch. Reassuring words.
These are the acts of a perfect friend.
And I gain new strength to fight my demons
Cuz I know you'll be there to the bitter end.
(*exhales*)
Sorry if it sounds stupid. I really did write it on the spot. But I feel like I made it through the last couple of weeks leaning on the shoulders of some very good friends. I just wanted to express my gratitude.
You know who you are.
Thank you for everything you do for me, even when I'm being a crazy-psychopath. I know I'm hard to live with, but I'm glad you put up with me. I don't know where I'd be without you.
Sincerely and with great love,
Jessica
No comments:
Post a Comment