Pages

Monday, January 12, 2009

I am not a crook!

True story: My counselor suffers from Loser's Lurgy. (see Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince)...(gosh, I can't believe you needed a reference. Doesn't everyone have the HP books memorized? Or are you too busy reading about sparkling vampires?)

Anyhoo, about my school counselor. We've been working together for a few months to get my college applications all filled out and sent in and stuff. I've been particularly stressed because they're finally sent in and there's nothing more I can do. (Plus, I'm applying Ivy League.) I'm always on the lookout for something to go wrong, and last Friday my counselor called me into his office to tell me that something DID go wrong. Very wrong.

So it turns out that my counselor "accidently checked the wrong box or clicked the wrong thing or something" and told all of the colleges I'm applying to that he knew I had been convicted of a felony.

...yes. My school counselor told Yale and Princeton that I was a felon.

...FYI, I'm not.

So when he tells me this, I just busted up laughing. The people in the hall probably thought I was having some kind of episode; it was very loud. My counselor then explains how it took him between two and three hours calling around to finally get it fixed. He called the Common Application people and then the individual schools, it was a mess. He told me he was almost positive that it was fixed, but he just wanted to make me aware in case the cops show up at my house.

(*rolls eyes*)

So we'll see how my college application turns out. I may be dragged out of Concert Choir by police dogs one of these days. Y'know. Whatev.

1 comment:

Haley said...

Woah, girl.

I have to say that is most hillarious, but also not so wonderful at the same time. You should write that down in a book somewhere (changing the name, of course!)

Best of luck, for real, and if they come to take you away, I'll tackle them for ya.
Promise!