Pages

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Happy Inaguration Day!

Cheers, President Obama. Let's see what you can do.

Anyhoo, there are far more important things going on than just the first African American president being sworn in. Like me getting an email from Yale asking if I'm free next Monday for an interview.

(*grasps desktop to keep from passing out, suddenly drenched in a cold sweat*)

Yes, I'm applying to Yale University. Yes, I know that the odds of me getting in are too slim for comfort. However, I gathered my courage and applied. And lookie! I made it past the first round. I meet the criteria. They want me to do an interview.

A...forty-five...minute...stroll through Hades.

Sorry, I shouldn't be whining. But I am terrified of face-to-face communication with a representative of the school I dearly want to go to but fear I'm not good enough for. My writing is far more eloquent than my gifts at speech, and I worry that I'm going to get in there, sit with fingers clenched, and the interviewer's going to ask me, "So, why should Yale consider you as a student?" and I'm going to fall sobbing to the floor and grab the man by the ankles, wailing, "Please, Mister, I want it SOOOOO BAAAAD!!!"

(*flinches*)

His name's Harry by the way. The guy who's trying to schedule an interview with me. I hope his teeth aren't too sharp.

3 comments:

Haley said...

GO JESSICA!

I'm SO proud of you! You are the only one who took the chance to apply, and I'm way excited for you.

But, I swear I read that wrong, did you really say 45 minutes? Ah!

I'm praying for you. Honestly, I am. But I know you'll do amazing. Just wow Harry with your singing abilities, play a bit of Ultimate, and you'll be good for sure.

Really, way to go, girl! You're going to go there, become the next female Einstein, and then I'll tell all my friends at BYU Idaho, "Look at her. I know that girl!" And I'll do a little dance of happiness for knowing someone famous.

I am proud to call you my friend. Good job! :)

Jessica Grosland said...

Thanks Haley. For the words and the prayers. You're a great friend.

Diana Renae said...

Jessica you are amazing! Really, don't worry I can't think of anyone who would be funner to interview than you! You are awesome my dear.

p.s. we have that class together! with the string and little boy and metal sticks! haha I'm so glad it'll be a party for sure!