Dear Jessica, I know! It's "In the Hall of the Mountain King!" Yup, there's your music major nerdy friend for you. How cool!! That piece is written by a Russian composer if I remember correctly, which makes perfect sense that you would hear it in Russia. I am jealous!!
PS, actually, it is Grieg from Norway, but yeah... probably more than you wanted to know. It's part of his piece "Peer Gynt".... um, I obviously need to get a life. Again, excellent piece!
It's hard to tell from this video but it looks to me like there's a vibraphone on the left, marimba in the middle, and xylophone on the right. I figure mom told you the song is "The Hall of the Mountain King" Cool video. -Spawn of Satan #2
I wonder how many people have already responded? I did check it out first, but my initial thought was correct, In the Hall of the Mountain King. Hope things continue to go well for you. You remain in our thoughts and prayers.
I know this song. I played it in strings, but I can't think of the name. Something about a mountain... Brian will know. When he gets home I'll ask him and let you know.
12 comments:
It is from the nutcracker.
It worked beautifully! What a fun thing to come upon as you walk through the park. Too cool.
I know the song, but I don't know the name. If someone doesn't give you the name soon, I'll ask Martha.
It's "In the Hall Of The Mountain King"
Dear Jessica, I know! It's "In the Hall of the Mountain King!" Yup, there's your music major nerdy friend for you. How cool!! That piece is written by a Russian composer if I remember correctly, which makes perfect sense that you would hear it in Russia. I am jealous!!
PS, actually, it is Grieg from Norway, but yeah... probably more than you wanted to know. It's part of his piece "Peer Gynt".... um, I obviously need to get a life. Again, excellent piece!
Hall of the Mountain King, Edvard Grieg. You're welcome :). And it's awesome that you're in Russia!
Very cool!
Braden identified it. It's "In the Hall of the Mountain King" by Edvard Grieg. Sam says it's the only song Braden can play on the piano. Just FYI.
It's hard to tell from this video but it looks to me like there's a vibraphone on the left, marimba in the middle, and xylophone on the right. I figure mom told you the song is "The Hall of the Mountain King" Cool video. -Spawn of Satan #2
I wonder how many people have already responded? I did check it out first, but my initial thought was correct, In the Hall of the Mountain King.
Hope things continue to go well for you. You remain in our thoughts and prayers.
I know this song. I played it in strings, but I can't think of the name. Something about a mountain... Brian will know. When he gets home I'll ask him and let you know.
In the Hall of the Mountain King! Even if the music wasn't great, which it is, you'd have to love it just for it's title! Good taste!
Post a Comment