Pages

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

What CS 100 is Good For

Though I cannot honestly say that I enjoy my Computer Science class, I have thoroughly enjoyed all the new toys it's given me. My class just started a unit on sound manipulation, but what we've been working on for the last few weeks is photo manipulation. Having always marveled at the skills of my Photoshop-Saavy friends, I was excited to learn how to do this. Mostly, at first, we did stuff like sharpening the image or changing the colors of things. But TODAY I created a most fantastic work of art. So, without further ado, my first creation:



Oh yes. Your eyes are not lying to you. That is a picture of Wolverine . . . at BYU.

YEAH BABY!! (*punches fist into the air*)

Also, it is important to note that when Wolverine came for his campus tour, he stopped outside the JFSB. Which is, as we all know, the building where I work everyday. That's actually why he came to campus if you must know. My reputation proceeded myself, and the X-men thought my talents might be useful to them. I've told them that I can only work part-time until I graduate, but that works well for me, because guess who's my personal tutor? (hint: look up a couple paragraphs.)

I cannot even tell you how many exciting ideas I have buzzing in my head now. I'm really loving the photo-editing side of my CS 100 class. This will probably not be the last creation I put on my blog, because they are simply SOOO exciting!

Oh, and wait until you see what I do with sound files!

7 comments:

Robin said...

Uh oh. I sense a powerful force being unleashed. Please use your powers for good. (Unless you have your heart set on taking over the world. In that case, let me know when you need me.)

Alex said...

Cool! Wolverine is awesome! my favorite is probably the Professor though... I love your artwork, you should do more, if they didn't give you toys, did you know you can download photoshop for like 30 days free? :) thanks for letting me come visit you at work, glad i didn't interrupt anything between you and the wolverine. :) see ya!

Luann said...

This. Rocks. :)

Anonymous said...

Geeze, You are amazing Gros, :D I love it. I didn't know you were taking CS100?

Wolverine should come to campus. Of course he'd probably despise it here. ;)

DarthBillgr said...

Woot!! Now if only Emperor Palpatine would visit.

The Erin said...

Pickaxe, you make me so proud *sniff*.
Only your greatness could bring Wolverine to BYU campus, and I thank you.

Unknown said...

Grosland.
How.
Could.
You.
Wolverine?! AND YOU DIDNT TELL ME!!!???
You are so dang lucky!
But really! That photo is dang awesome!
Love and miss you tonz!