Pages

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Some Most Exciting News!

I GOT MY OWN LAPTOP!!!!



Hurray! Now I can do my schoolwork/emailing/messing around at home instead of having to find an Open Access Lab on campus. It is SOOOO wonderful! I am basically infatuated. Also, I named him Nosferatu.

More exciting news: I got promoted at work!

Now, instead of doing Garbages, my new assignment is Floors. Basically, I walk around a lot. First I have to walk around and pick up all the giant heavy mats and move them out of the way. Then I take my faithful dust-mop and circle the entire floor looking for deviant dustbunnies. After that's over, I break out The Machine.



As you may have guessed, this is The Machine. It scrubs the floor with two little circular pads on the front, then vacuums the excess water with that squeegee thing on the back. I push it around for an hour or so, and the whole time I feel like an old man. (The thing only moves about 1.5 mph, so it takes quite some time to walk down those long hallways.) The best part is that I get to use this awesome chemical called VMC 30 - which I'm not technically trained on, so don't tell my supervisor - and it is one of the best-smelling chemicals we work with that won't kill you if you're alone in a room with it for too long.

The sad news is that the reason I got this job is because the ever-hilarious Mike Lemon quit our crew. (*sobs*) Seriously, if you only knew him, you would understand the enormity of this tragedy. Here, I think I have a picture of him from Halloween.


Yup. There his is. He went as a . . . fifties cop, I think. Anyway, he's hysterical in more ways than one, but everyone who works at four in the morning is a little nutty. We use our insanity to compensate for lack of sleep. And besides, everything is really funny that early in the morning.

Okay, last bit of exciting news.

MY BIRTHDAY IS IN 18 DAYS!!!


I know this picture's kind of hard to see, but that's my birthday written on our calendar in my apartment. Doesn't looking at it just make you want to celebrate? My roomies are the best!

I'm going to be nineteen, and so are SOOOO many of my friends who have birthday in this most awesome of months. So let me take just a second to wish a happy birthday to:

Tairsa Brown (19)
Jake Gibby (19)
Logan Brown (19)
Jerina Dement (18)
Robert Grosland (73)
and anyone else I may have forgotten.

Also, it's my Grandma Grosland's birthday on the 28th. She died a little over six months ago, and this is the first time I'll have a birthday without celebrating hers the day before. But I'm not too depressed about it. If I know my grandma, they'll try to throw her this totally awesome "we're angels so let's rent out Cloud Nine" party, and she'll turn them down because all she wants is to play a thrilling game of Phase 10.

Anyway, Happy Veterans Day everybody. God Bless America.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

GAH! LAPTOP!!! Aren't those the best things ever?! :D
And congrats with the job too!! I can just see you going around 1.5mph! ;)
So what are we going to do for your birthday?
Well, have the most happy 'almost a storm' day! :)))

K and D Roylance said...

Congrats on both the laptop and the promotion.
Don't worry about having to slow down for a few min in your day. In our rush, rush lives, it's not a bad thing, enjoy it.
19 is a good age too, hope it is a great year for you!

The Erin said...

You do floors now?!?! I am EXTREMELY jealous! I only ever did garbages and vacuuming.
And I forgot about Mike leaving. That makes me very sad. :(