I turned twenty-three yesterday. It was nice to have my birthday immediately after Thanksgiving; I didn't have to go to work or school, and the house was full of pie. But as I get older, it's easy for birthdays to become . . . well, unexciting. There are no naturally-recognizable landmarks anymore. So I decided I had to go looking for them myself.
First, I had to look back at twenty-two. Did anything exciting happen in the last year? Well, let's look:
- I had my first 4.0 semester
- I shaved my head to support my sister
- I left my job at the MTC
- I was given the opportunity to serve in the Relief Society presidency in my ward.
- I got a new job with BYU catering
- I took (and passed) the Praxis - certifying me as a qualified teacher
- I received my student teaching license
- I finally saw "Ender's Game" - which book I have loved for at least a decade.
- I was approved for graduation in April
- I learned how to cook!
That's quite a lot to be getting on with, don't you think? Who could have predicted that five years ago, when I was just getting ready to graduate from high school? There are still quite a few landmarks I would have expected to have passed by now, but there's time for them yet. I can't worry about the past; I have to keep moving forward. Which brings us to what I can expect in my 24th year:
- I will student-teach for twelve weeks
- I will graduate from college with my BA
- And then . . . .
Oh my goodness. I have no idea what's coming.
No comments:
Post a Comment