So, remember how last year I had a prediction that twelve of my friends would get engaged before the end of the year? I had a little widget on the side of my blog to keep track, and by December - sure enough! - I had thirteen friends on that list. I considered myself a successful prophetess, took the widget off my blog, and moved on with my life.
But today, I'm thinking I should have kept the widget. I just got another text from a friend saying, "Guess what? I'm engaged!" and I'm starting to feel like I'm living in the movie The Single's Ward.
In the last four months, I have celebrated the engagements of:
Leslie Whipple (now Riddle)
Jaynann Matthews
Damon Hadfield
Kim Lifferth
Abby Taylor
Amanda Gay
and Aubrey Devereaux.
And it hasn't been too spread out. It tends to happen in clusters, with two or three people getting engaged in the same week. Frankly, I'm a little exhausted from all the excitement.
Congratulations to one and all of you happy lovebirds. But if you don't mind, could you slow it down a bit? My hands are sore from constant applauding.
3 comments:
It will slow down in a year or two.
We got Damon's announcement in the mail the other day! We're SOOOO excited for him (it's about time!)!!
You know, I was actually thinking the same thing. Everyone's jumping on the marriage bandwagon and it's blowing my mind. Even though I'm one of them. Life is crazy.
Post a Comment