Here are a ton of random pictures from Tallinn. I took many more, but there just isn't room here for all of them. (Also, none of us really wants to see that many pictures, now do we? I didn't think so.) You can have these ones, though. I'll try to explain a little bit about what each of them are, but I'm tired and I can't tell you everything. Moral of the story: if you really want to hear all about my adventures, you're just going to have to invite me over sometime after I get back to the States.
For now, here's Tallinn, Estonia for ya!
![]() |
| The old Town Hall building. (Also, the place where we had elk soup on Halloween night.) |
![]() |
| Just a streetview of Old Town. |
![]() |
| Ooh! The Apteek! This is the oldest running apothecary in Europe. It's mostly a museum, but they do sell potions and pills there. (No, I didn't buy any. Poor, remember?) |
![]() |
| See the "Bezoar" annotation? JK Rowling knows her stuff. |
![]() |
| Okay, we're out of the Apteek. This is a lady selling almonds. They had tons of these almond stands set up all across Old Town. It was fun just talking to the medieval folks selling them. |
![]() |
| ...particularly if they were young men wearing tights. This one gave me a free medieval coin when I bought some almonds. (Those almonds were good, too. Cinnamon-sugar flavored.) |
![]() |
| I also had the privilege of sampling some odd sausages. Such as this one: moose sausage with cheese. Not bad, but I prefer the sweet almonds. |
![]() |
| Another alley in Old Town |
![]() |
| It was a nice place to wander around. It just looks so cool! |
![]() |
| This is St. Nikolas's cathedral. (It's for you, little brother.) It has the painting "Dance Macabre" inside, but we didn't get to see it. It was closed the entire time we were in Tallinn. |
![]() |
| This place is called "Kiek in de Kok," which translates to "peek in the kitchen." It was named thus because it's so tall that from the top you can look down the chimneys of other houses and see right into their kitchens. There are some cannonballs from the 1500s still lodged in its walls. |
![]() |
| Old Town, Tallinn. Just another streetview. |
![]() |
| I like trees. Everywhere we go, I notice the trees. Does that make me really weird? Ah well. Even if that didn't, there are other things that would. |
![]() |
| More of Old Town, Tallinn. |
![]() |
| That's me in front of Kiek in de Kok. I'm probably hugging the mossy wall or something. I just really loved that place, okay? It was a city displaced in time. And it was great. |
Well, I hope you enjoyed Tallinn. I think it's now taken as many days to tell you about it as I actually spent there, so we'd better move on. Sweden won't take nearly so long to discuss. All we did was sightsee, and those pictures speak mostly for themselves. Say goodbye to Tallinn, friends.
Next stop - Stockholm!





















3 comments:
Old Town is so cool! Thanks for sharing it with us. I like your red brick building, too.
I can't wait to have you sit on the end of my bed telling me about it.
Love you!
I absolutely LOVE looking at your pictures. What an adventure you're having! Don't worry about poor. You can't own anything any more by paying for it and carrying it off than simply by seeing it. It's always in your back pocket.
AUGH! :D The apothecary was my fav. Gros, that's amazing! I want you to sit on the end of my bed and start telling me about it. You should come to Wisconsin and find me and start following us around and telling me. And I can pretend I don't know you and we won't get in trouble. ;D
Post a Comment