Pages

Saturday, November 12, 2011

The Forest I Found


Stockholm has a lot to offer tourists. It has museums, shopping, historical sites and more modern attractions. But when I went to Stockholm, I was entirely unimpressed . . . until I came upon this beautiful, enchanting forest.

It caught me up. My heart soared. The absolute majesty of the place took root in my very soul. I feel as though I shall always have that forest with me.

You weren't there, and that is tragic. But here are some pictures from that special place. I won't clutter these up with words. Just look at them and imagine. Can you hear the crunching of autumn leaves beneath your feet? Can you feel the crisp chill in the sky? Can you taste the mist lingering on the air?  Can you smell the centuries of secrets this place holds?

Well, if not, at least you can see the forest.


















3 comments:

Robin said...

It is beautiful and enchanting. You painted the picture well.

I especially love that last tree. The old, gnarly one in the second to last picture. What a wise old soul that tree is.

I love you and the awe with which you see so much of the world.

K and D Roylance said...

So incredibly cool! Especially liked the gnarled tree.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful. :)