Yeah. Well, a few years ago I went to a book fair at my little sister's elementary school, and what should I find but a Spider-Man comic book! (*bought*) And what was that sitting on the shelf beside it? A MARVEL SUPERHERO ENCYCLOPEDIA?! (*double bought*)
It's true. So I went home, skimming through my awesome encyclopedia of Marvel-guys when I found out that there is a Spider-Woman. (*gasp*) Actually, there are several, but this is the TRUE Spider-Woman, and do you know how I'm so sure?
Her name is Jessica.
BOO-YAH! I almost died when I read that, of a joy-overload, but I contained myself long enough to read her bio. It's very long and complicated, but I'll give you the gist of it.
Jessica Drew was born in London, but due to her unfortunate luck of having a scientist for a father, she was exposed to lethal amounts of uranium when she was very young. Her desperate father tried to save her life with a serum made of different types of spider DNA (don't ask me why, it doesn't have to make sense). Long story short, she became a superhero, and worked at various times for HYDRA, S.H.I.E.L.D., and most recently the New Avengers.
She has all the normal superhero powers (super strength, super flexibility, super speed, etc.), but she also has spider-y powers. She's immune to most poisons and all radiation; she can climb up walls in the same way Spider-Man can; she can produce bio-electric bursts from her hands - at varying degrees of lethal-ness - that she calls Venom Blasts; she produces pheromones that either attract or repel others, depending on her mood; and she can fly. (That was an accident, the flying thing. Strange experimentation and stuff. It would take too long to explain.)
Oh, and since all the Marvel heroes live in the same neighborhood, she's friends with the Amazing Spider-Man and Wolverine and Iron Man.
That's Spider-Man and
Anyway, as the semester's almost over, I just wanted to remind you all that there are people out there fighting against evil just like you. If we all work together, we can defeat our enemies and look awesome at the same time. So let's do this thing. Bring it on, Finals Week!





5 comments:
That's quite amazing. :) I love it.
D: I want to be cool toooo...
Jk, Gros, that is pretty much as epic as it gets. Now you just need the costume, right? :D And an ostrich to ride.
I'm not sure they would let you into the testing center in that outfit.
You have many super powers. I am glad I get to see some of them. But if you're a super hero, doesn't that mean dad and I have to die? Not sure I can support that.
Hahaha! That's bloody awesome that Spider-Woman's name is Jessica! Perfect!
When spider man came out in high school I was dating a HUGE fan of spidey. His name, Peter, my initials, MJ. Pretty sweet!
Post a Comment