Pages

Sunday, April 18, 2010

100


















(*NOISEMAKERS AND MUCH CONFETTI*)






Ladies and gentlemen, may I take a moment now to announce a legendary event: my 100th blog post! (*passes out cigars*) Yes, my adoring audience, I have reached new heights in my blabbering and rambling. And to celebrate, I am making this a special tribute blog post to all of the things I love. Let us bask in the awesomeness of these things and look forward with anticipation to all of the awesomeness yet to come.

100 Things That I Love

1. Spiderman

2. Math (Especially the kind you have to figure out by yourself)

3. My big, blue eyes

4. Dancing by myself in public

5. Writing something so awesome that I have to take a moment to congratulate myself

6. Going to sleep

7. Eating a lot of delicious food in good company

8. Friends I have known forever but who like me anyway

9. The number 9

10. Making grotesque facial expressions when I lip-sync to songs on my MP3 player

11. Soccer

12. The way hair gets all flowy under water and makes me look like a mermaid

13. Wearing high heels with jeans

14. Ducks

15. Reading, reading, reading, reading, READING!

16. Acting out whole scenes of musicals with my siblings

17. Getting totally awesome grass stains

18. William Turner from POTC

19. Musicals

20. Ostriches

21. Krakens

22. Waking up in the middle of the night and realizing I still have a few more hours to sleep

23. Tap dancing

24. My LED lighted Frisbee

25. Chick flicks

26. Free food

27. The Book of Mormon

28. Sending really long, grammatically-correct text messages

29. Sneezing

30. Men who can sing

31. Crossword Puzzles

32. TV shows and movies from the 90s (Rugrats, Doug, Hey Arnold, …)

33. Star Trek – SO MUCH

34. The birthday song from Blue’s Clues the Movie

35. Getting a compliment from the grade screen in the Testing Center

36. Elvis Presley

37. Gaelic Storm

38. Personality Quizzes

39. Feeling the warmth of the sun

40. Reese’s candies of all sorts

41. Pens

42. Inside jokes

43. Aladdin

44. Making references to Harry Potter in everyday life

45. Reminiscing

46. Running pell-mell through a crowd of people

47. Cool hats

48. When my mom buys me stupid things (coloring books, weird magazines, bubbles, etc.) as a reminder never to take life too seriously

49. Looking in the mirror and thinking that maybe I’m pretty sometimes

50. Zombies

51. My roommates

52. Strawberry milk

53. Attacking people from behind (usually by jumping on them)

54. I LOOOO-ove to sing!

55. Writing in my journal/reading old journal entries

56. Dancing

57. Spinning around and around until I get really dizzy

58. NOT wearing braces anymore!

59. Getting letters in the mail

60. My lack of subtlety

61. 1st Ward memories

62. My stuffed cheetah, Jumanji

63. Wearing fancy dresses

64. My wonderful, messed-up family

65. Taking naps . . . in class

66. Cookies and cream flavored ice cream

67. Winning at tic-tac-toe or rock-paper-scissors

68. Slap bracelets

69. Masks

70. Lovely flowers

71. Capes

72. Following the comics

73. Pandora.com

74. The Geico gecko

75. Feeling unpredictable and mysterious

76. Circus peanuts

77. Telling people that I work at 4:00 in the morning

78. Driving my dad’s motorcycle

79. Playing the guitar

80. Listening to someone play “Jessica’s Theme” on the piano

81. The Mario theme song

82. Perfume

83. Imagining my favorite TV/movie/book characters having the missionary discussions

84. The Phantom of the Opera

85. Jareth – The Goblin King

86. Gondolas

87. My Spanish professor (don’t tell; he has a wife and two kids)

88. Donating blood

89. American history

90. Doing interpretive dance with my girl friends when we don’t get asked to dance during slow songs

91. Making fun of engaged people

92. People with accents

93. Babies and small children

94. Alternative music

95. Tree houses

96. Reading my patriarchal blessing

97. Watching WWII movies with my dad

98. Having all the lyrics to “White and Nerdy” memorized

99. Escalators

100. Having a blog


I love all of you, too! So go get some ice cream or something. I'm pretty sure this is going to be a new national holiday!

9 comments:

Dona said...

Fun! I loved your list. Congratulations. That's a lot of blogging!

Anonymous said...

I love you Jess! You are so creative! I could not thing of that many things, but it makes me so happy to read because I love all of them! Good job!
I love having a blog too. ;)

Karen Mello Burton said...

I love your great self-concept! That is something I have always appreciated about you. What a great list too! Dancing alone in public? We are sisters at heart!

Robin said...

Congratulations! You rock. And so does your blog.

I marvel at your amazingness!

Alex said...

haha... very great list... i didn't see "getting hopelessly lost, and even better, getting rescued by Alex" on there though... :( haha. :) happy 100th post, I will be there in about a week! :)

The Erin said...

Dear Grosland,
How do you be so awesome?
You win. Forever.
Love,
Flay.

P.S. You have White and Nerdy memorized?? That's most excellent!

MaggieJo said...

so I'm your moms neighbor and your sister's employer (babysitting). we don't know each other, but I do believe from that long list we could be pretty good friends. Here are just two reasons: I majored in math in college because it rocks and I have a rubber ducky collection in my bathroom. And I really love your mom, and I've heard you are a lot like her.

Anonymous said...

Jessi, you have reached new heights. I love you muchness! And Taylor, what is your blog address? I wish very much to follow it! But back to Jessi, we need to hang out some time. Perhaps I shall invite you to my awesomest 19th birthday party in June. Yes. Yes, I do believe I shall. Anyway, are we going to do that one deviantART meme togetherz or not?!
<3 Steph.
P.S. You are teh coolest in the land.
P.P.S. I ALWAYS think you are pretty, even when you don't, cause you have an inner light that NO ONE, I repeat, NO ONE can outdo. The end. :D

Robin said...

Sam and Cari did a couple of scenes from West Side Story in the front yard today while they were playing catch with Nik. You would have been proud!