Pages

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Bustle

After having been shoved around and nearly-trampled constantly since August, it will all be over in a week and a half. If I can just give it everything I've got for this last hard push, I will finally get to rest.

(*steels herself*) Well, it's all or nothing.

--
--
--
--
--

P.S. This is a picture I actually took at BYU. I usually steal my pictures, but this one's really mine, fyi.

P.P.S. Does "bustle" even have a definition when it's separated from "hustle"?

EDIT:

P.P.P.S. - I named my octopus Arthur. :)

8 comments:

Luann said...

I have not forgotten the pressure of finals week. I feel you, sistah!

To answer your question, there's the bustle on a wedding dress, or on the back of a dress worn by a saloon girl in spaghetti westerns.

Maybe if you could bring back bustles in modern, everyday fashion they would provide a bit of cushion and protect you from all that bustle in your photo. Stuffing a pillow into the back of your jeans should do it.

Good luck with finals week. :)

P.S. I still occasionally dream about getting a letter in the mail telling me I forgot to take a final and my degree is revoked until I make it up. I graduated in 1995. :-/

Dona said...

"1. go hurriedly and showily: to work or behave in an ostentatiously hurried and energetic way
2. energetic activity: hurried and energetic activity"
unless you were referring to the padded article of clothing worn around a woman's hips.

Which building is that? It looks very crowded.

What did you name the octopus?

Anonymous said...

It's a framework used to hoist up the back of a woman's dress in the 1800s... also known as the "butt bump" of a dress. ;) I love those...

Logan Thomas said...

Isn't a bustle the funny thing on the back of Anastasia and Drizella's dresses? Y'know, on "Cinderella?

Keep it up, you're almost there!

Robin said...

Yes. A bustle is the little bump on the back of old fashioned dresses that sits on top of your bum.

And I still believe in you. You rock. You are incredible. I wish I were more like you.

You can do it!

Anonymous said...

This is the only time in my life, and you can quote me on this, that I have ever been jealous of BYU students. Three more weeks of classes is absolutely a horrific prospect right now... But congrats! Especially in naming your Octopus. ;)

DarthBillgr said...

If you died, you could rest too. Just thought you should know.

Karen Mello Burton said...

I am going to take a final today. Then one more project due on Friday. Then a week of no classes! Woo Hoo!

Are you going Spring?