Pages

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Buddha. NOT Budah.



Big Buddha . . . sorry. BUDAH . . . came to the school today with Fox 13. That's right. Our very own Springville High School Red Devils were featured today as the Cool School of the Week.



I know. Shock and amazement. To tell the truth, I actually thought it sounded pretty cool, being on the news and all. I was fairly excited, especially when we didn't have to be at school at 5:45 am.


It turned out, however, to be a lot of hype. It was all very fake and cheesy and pretty much stupid. I felt dumb just standing there with the big fake grin on my face, staring into that camera.


I hope it looks cool on TV, because it didn't look cool when you were there. But what can you do?


Anyway, I would also like to add a fervent plea to the Utah WeatherMaster. He is a cruel and unusual fiend with a whole lot of Sadistic tendencies. He gives us snow, then rain, then wind. And then just a hint of Spring before it all falls apart again. Just to crush your already sensitive hopes and dreams.


I just want to say, Mr. WeatherMaster - up there in your fortress of evil, high in the mountains, with your evil, thickly-lensed glasses and purple hat - this is your final warning. Think carefully about your next move, because I will not stand for this weather-abuse any longer. I am already mounting a counter-attack, and my troops are well-trained and fiercely determined. If you assault my town again, there will be blood to pay.


(*glares and walks off to polish her broadsword*)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jessica, I whole-heartedly agree. And you are amazing at writing, by the way... :) But the Big "BUDAH" thing really was hype. I really really didn't want to go, and it was not worth waking up for... :) And as for the snow, I threw a fit when I had to ice off my car this morning. I'll be part of your army. :)

Haley said...

I love your style of writing, girl! You know how to keep people entertained.

Man, I hope you have an amazing life, girl!