Pages

Friday, September 12, 2014

Mission Statement from Junior High


I found this old mission statement a little while ago. I remember typing it up in the computer lab at the junior high, but I don't remember which class this was an assignment for. I was either 14 or 15 when I wrote it. There are a few of these that make me roll my eyes, and the whole thing is pretty cheesy, but I'm surprised at how many of these tenets I still agree with. Maybe I haven't changed all that much these past 10 years . . . .

Mission Statement
Imperfection is a virtue, because it gives you something to do every day.

§
To use make-up is to look made-up.
§
It is a scientific law that you will fall down. But there is no law that says you cant get back up.

§
Learn to laugh. In this messed-up world, its the only way youll maintain sanity.

§
Over-confidence is a bad thing. Self-doubt is a bad thing. But closing your eyes and hoping it all goes away doesnt work either.

§
Sing. When people complain about it, sing louder so that you cant hear them.

§
If someone elses standards are lower than yours, make them come to you. NEVER bend down.

§
Nothing was ever accomplished without someone taking a risk.

§
 There is nothing to fear but fear itself . . . and Tairsa Brown.

§
Dont change yourself to blend in with the crowd. The last thing we need is one more chameleon in the world.

§
If someone laughs at your writing, they obviously didnt read it right.

§
Do not embrace a life where you spend so much time trying to become who the world wants you to be that you never become who YOU want to be.

§
In all seriousness, have a sense of humor.

§
Be the same person with your friends that you are with your parents. Itll avoid awkward moments when the two groups meet.

§
If youre having a bad hair day, dont worry. No one will notice; theyre all too busy worrying about their hair.

§
Find something to believe in. When the hurricanes, fires, earthquakes, and tsunamis of this world swarm you, it will be the tree you hold to for dear life.

§
To be wise is not to be learned, but to be learning.

§
Laugh at least three times a day. Youll be surprised how much happier youll be.


No comments: